Contact Us
  No Notices are currently available .....  

Shri Dinesh Jangid

Teaching is like no other profession. A teacher wears many hats, She is a communicator, a disciplinarian, a conveyor of information..

Untitled Document
 Course & Admission

Course: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Units: 4 Units (per unit 50 students)
Duration: Two Year
Affiliation : From Jai NarainVyas University, Jodhpur.
Admission Process: Through P.T.E.T. Conducted by M.D.S. University, Ajmer
Fees: Through Govt. of Rajasthan by P.T.E.T. as per Norms.


  • There will be a Pre-Teacher Education Test hereinafter called P.T.E.T. for admission to B.Ed. Colleges of Rajasthan. Online Application Forms for the same are being invited by P.T.E.T. conducted University (P.T.E.T. conducted university decision taken by Rajasthan Government) Candidates securing at least 50% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor's degree/ Master's degree examination of Recognized University as equivalent to and fulfilling the other requirements for admission to B.Ed. Course prescribed hereinafter will be eligible to apply for admission to B.Ed. Course through P.T.E.T.
  • However Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Special Backward Classes as well as physically challenged and Widow or Divorcee woman candidates of Rajasthan having atleast 45% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor's/Master's degree level examination will be eligible to apply for admission. No relaxation in the minimum percentage (not even 1 marks) as required above will be given to any candidate. Candidates who have passed Graduation through Correspondence Course from any University by taking only one University Examination or have not studied through 10+2+3 scheme or 10+1+3 (old scheme) are not eligible to appear in P.T.E.T.
  • Those who are appearing in the qualifying examination i.e. B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./Shastri Final year and/orM.A./M.Com/M.Sc./Acharya Final year may also apply and appeared in the P.T.E.T. subject to condition that they shall have their result upto last date of online counselling registration and have Marksheet of the qualifyingexamination with eligibility percentage and the candidates should have online registered themselves and participated in online counselling. It is clarified that any other document in the shape of provisional certificateand/or newspapers cutting, result/mark-sheet obtained through Internet etc., will not be acceptable. Any falseinformation provided by the candidate while participating in the test/counselling regarding their result/percentage of marks obtained will result to deprive them from admission in B.Ed. Course and fee deposited by them will not be refunded.
  • On the basis of performance in the P.T.E.T. merit list showing the marks obtained by each candidate will be prepared.
  • Out of the total number of seats faculty-wise, not exceeding 05% seats will be filled in on the basis of overall merit,irrespective of the State to which the candidate belongs provided that merit of a candidate from outside Rajasthan is notless than the merit of the last candidate admitted belonging to Rajasthan in a general category. The remaining seats will be available to the candidates who are bonafide residents of Rajasthan State.
  • Out of the total number of seats available in each Faculty (Arts, Science and Commerce), reservation for Rajasthan domicile will be made as given hereunder:-
  • Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Special Backward Classes of Rajasthau shall be required to produce a Certificate to that effect from a District Magistrate/SubĀ­Division Magistrate/ Tehsikiar,
  • The term 'Wards' means only the sou, daughter, wife or husband. Real sister and real brother may also be treated wards of defence personnel, provided they are dependent on the guardian-concerned and parents are not alive.
  • Divorced woman shall be required to produce a certificate in the shape of decision of the Court to the effect that she has been divorced, and an affidavit to the effect that she has not married got again duly attested by Notary. The certificate issued by any social organisation will not be entertained.
  • For defence personnel/wards, certificate issued by the Major of the Unit/Secretary, Soldiers Board as per rules will have to be produced, failing which, the benefit under this category will not be granted. B.S.F., C.R.P.F. and other territorial force personnel and their wards are not covered under this category.
  • For deciding the claim of a person to be a bonafide resident of Rajasthan a bonafide resident certificate issued by a competent authority i.e. a District Magistrate or a Sub Divisional Magistrate or au Executive Magistrate authorised for the purpose will be essential. However, the candidates who have passed their 10th, 12th and Graduation examinations from Rajasthan State and their addresses belong to Rajasthan State will be treated bonafide residents of Rajasthan without producing any certificate.
  • In case of an out state woman who got married with a bonafide resident of Rajasthan, the place of bonafide residence of her husband may be considered as her bonafide residence in Rajasthan, provided a bonafide residence certificate of her husband and marriage certificate obtained from District Magistrate are produced alongwith print copies of application form for appearing in the test.
  • Such wards of defence personnel and Central Govt. employees, who have/had been posted outside Rajasthan but such defence personnel/Central Government employees originally belong to Rajasthan, may be considered eligible for admission to B.Ed. course provided a bonafide residence-certificate from a competent Magistrate and a certificate from the employer are submitted along with application form for appearing in P.T.E.T.
  • False statement of facts noticed at any stage, will automatically result in cancellation of candidature and admission to the course, if it has already been made. The entire responsibility will lie with the candidate concerned and the fee deposited will not be refunded.
  • For admission in the B.Ed. Course candidate must have teaching subjects at Bachelor/Master Degree level.
  • 'Teaching subject' means a subject offered by the candidate at his/her Bachelor's or Master's Degree Examinationas an optional subject or as a subsidiary subject, provided that the candidate studied it for at least two years and also taken University Examination each year. This shall not include such subjects as were studied by him/heronly for a part of the Bachelor's Degree Course shall not be considered as teaching subject. Thus the qualifyingsubjects like General English, General Hindi, General Education/History of Indian Civilization and Culture.
  • Elementary Mathematics, etc. prescribed for the First Year T.D.C. or Second Year Course of the University or a subject dropped by a candidate at the Part-I stage of the Degree Course shall not be treated as a teaching subject.
  • In the case of Honours Graduates, besides the honours subject, the subsidiary subjects would also be taken into account, provided the candidate studied the same for last two academic sessions and also passed UniversityExamination. The mark sheet of Final year examination should clearly indicate the marks of compilation of Part I, Part II and Part III in the case of three years degree course or Part II and Part III examinations in thecase of two years degree course separately.
  • Only such Candidates shall be allowed to offer Social Studies for the B.Ed. Examination as have taken theirBachelor's Degree with atleast two subjects out of History, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology.
  • A person having Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture shall be allowed to offer General Science and Biology for B.Ed. Examination. General Science may also be allowed to be offered by a candidate passing the Degree ofB.Sc. (Home Science) or passing the B.Sc. Examination with Chemistry with any one subject of Life Science, i.e. Biology or Botany or Zoology.
  • A candidate who has offered Political Science or Public Administration at his Bachelor's or the Master's Degree Examination shall be eligible to offer Civics as a teaching subject in the B.Ed. Examination.
  • For the purpose of P.T.E.T. merit, Faculty-wise, candidate's Faculty is the Faculty in which he/she has passed the graduation examination, which is the qualifying examination and enables him/her to offer subjects for practice teaching.
  • The P.G. Examination of a different Faculty other than that of graduation shall neither be taken into consideration fordetermining the merit nor for offering a school teaching subject.
  • Where a candidate has passed Post Graduate Examination in two subjects of the same Faculty, which is different fromthe Faculty of graduation, he/she may be assigned the Faculty of P.G. Examination for determining the merit, if chosen so provided both the subjects of P.G. Examination are School teaching subjects.
  • Economics cannot be offered by a Commerce Graduate.
  • Those who are not able to offer atleast two practice teaching subject for B.Ed. Course in accordance with subjectsshown against B.Ed. Colleges must not appear in the PT.ET as admission will not be allowed with a subject whichis not on the syllabus of B.Ed. in any of the University. Candidates who have passed
  • B.B.A.IB.C.A./B.E./B.Sc.(Biotech) or any such degree which don't have any school teaching subject are not eligiblefor admission in B.Ed. Course.
  • Anyone who is not fulfilling any of the eligibility conditions as on the last date prescribed for submission of online
  • application form for P.T.E.T. must neither apply nor appear in the test as the appearance in the test will be treated as cancelled and admission will not be allowed even if he/she is in merit on account of having appeared inthe test and even in the case where admission has been allowed erroneously due to non-checking of the eligibility of the candidate. The admission shall be treated to have been cancelled at any stage of noticing the same.
  • As per rules in vogue for admission to B.Ed. Course in a Teacher Education Colleges in Rajasthan, a candidate passing a Degree Examination of three years' duration (after intermediate) conducted by a University where Part I
  • Examination is not conducted by the University and the marks obtained thereat are not included in the marks sheet of Part II for the award of division, is not eligible to appear in P.T.E.T. for admission to B.Ed. Course.
  • In case of Honours Graduate, if he/she has not studied the same subsidiary subject for at least two years taking University Examination for both the years separately, he/she is not eligible to offer the subsidiary subject as ateaching subject and so to appear in the P.T.E.T.

Copyrights © G.S. Jangid Memorial Women Teacher Training College 2008

Web Solutions by Dreamteam